A mouthwatering and vibrant blend of Chardonnay and Bacchus.

Tank Five by Wiston Estate Winery

£19.00

In stock

Notes

  • Blend 60% Chardonnay, 40% Bacchus
  • Vintage 2019/2020
  • Bottling Our wines are bottled the summer after harvest, which is the moment they begin their second fermentation, which gives them their bubbles and evolved character. N/A
  • Alcohol 12%
  • Dosage The dosage indicates the amount per litre of sugar in the 'liqueur de dosage', a mixture of wine and sugar added to the bottles when they are disgorged at the end of the ageing process, to ensure balance and harmony in the final blend. N/A
  • Food Pairing Ideal with seafood, cerviche or fried fish, as well as light salads.

This is our first release of a still wine, and as such, a cause for celebration. Like our sparkling wines, it is a multi-vintage blend, with 60% being Chardonnay from the 2019 vintage, while the remaining 40% is Bacchus from 2020. The Chardonnay imparts depth and complexity, enhanced by the extended 18 months ageing in lees, while the Bacchus delivers varietal freshness.

2020 was a very good year in the English vineyards, with both quality and quantity of grapes harvested keeping the vineyard teams happy and the winery teams busy. Healthy grapes were gently crushed, and fermented in barrels, the resulting still wine from the Bacchus showcases why this grape is becoming so popular in the UK – with good balance, freshness, intensity of flavour and smooth mouthfeel from the barrel fermentation.

The resulting wine has aromas of wild blossom, fresh spring hedgerow and crisp green apple. The palate shows hints of citrus and peach, with a creamy texture from the barrels. This is a refreshing wine, with zesty acidity, fine aromatics and a detailed finish.

The location, the vines, the soil

Learn about the vineyards

Find out more

You will also like