Chef de Partie
in Wiston Estate, West Sussex
Chalk restaurant opened in November 2021 at the award-winning Wiston estate vineyard and winery. We are a 50-cover restaurant with private dining, events program, and a mobile food offering (Chalk express).
We are seeking a skilled and passionate Chef de Partie to join our team at Chalk. As a Chef de Partie, you will play a crucial role in the daily operations of our kitchen. You will be responsible for running your own section whilst working closely with other team members to deliver an exceptional dining experience to our guests.
We are looking for a driven and talented chef to work closely alongside the head chef and sous chef in delivering the food offering throughout the week. As an integral member of the team, you will be utilising the very best estate grown produce contributing to regular recipe development and menu creation in line with the wider vision and ethos of Wiston Estate.
- Prepare and cook high-quality dishes according to recipes and specifications.
- Assist in the planning and development of menu items, suggesting innovative and creative ideas to enhance the culinary offerings.
- Train and mentor junior members of the kitchen staff, ensuring they adhere to standard operating procedures and maintain hygiene and safety standards.
- Collaborate with other members of the culinary team to ensure smooth and efficient kitchen operations during service periods.
- Follow proper food handling and cleaning procedures to maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Contribute to maintaining food cost and quality control by minimizing waste and practicing portion control.
- Adhere to all health and safety regulations, including proper handling and storage of ingredients, equipment maintenance, and personal hygiene.
- Monitor and maintain stock levels of ingredients and supplies, notifying the Sous Chef or Head Chef when replenishment is needed.
- Proven experience as a Chef de Partie or a similar role in a fast-paced kitchen environment.
- In-depth knowledge of culinary techniques and a keen eye for detail in food presentation.
- Shares our passion for quality, seasonality and ‘estate to plate’ cooking
- Thrives working in a team to deliver outstanding food quality
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Certification from a culinary school or relevant culinary qualifications is preferred.
- Own transport due to rural location.
5 days per week + 2 evening services. Wed– Sunday lunch. Friday – Saturday dinner. Saturday & Sunday breakfast.
£25,000 – £29,000 Per Annum basic (+ Tronc). Great work life balance.
Other benefits include:
- 40% off Wiston Estate wines
- 40% off product and service
- 4% contribution to company pension scheme
- Delicious and healthy staff meals provided daily
- Uniform provided
- VTO days offered
Please email at CV and cover letter to [email protected]